1) Just put a cup of flour and 1 cup of water stirred on top of tumble drier, stirring for 3 days and feeding the mixture twice every 24 hours. First bread was not very risen but I had not let it raise for 8 hours but just 5.
2) Also made Challa good but threw away first culture from which it was made.
3) Made new culture following method from Stevethebreadguy on youtube: after 2 days it was lovely and bubbly, left it for another day in the kitchen, but did not stir, just put it in the fridge at the end of the three days.
4) Activated it at 7pm last night with a cup of flour, it did not rise and bubble a lot, but made the bread all the same leaving it to rise all night. Not very risen and when cooked it was a bit doughy like previous attempts.
5) I started growing a full grain culture according to the method of http://youtu.be/dpwFM_YRdwc
The video is a what, how & why of a sourdough starter. Cooking first bread after 3 days of adding flour.
6) Bought a book by Ed Wood “Classic sourdough”. He stresses the importance of the temperature it has to be kept during growth stage, so I bought cooler box and kept the temperature at 25-26 with sock full of salt. I put whole meal culture in it.
7) Started a new culture with his method and will see….
8) I will try to feed Steve’s culture out of the fridge all night and see if it is better tomorrow